As an Amazon Associate, we may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases but at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Just like human beings, dogs love having comfortable beds where they can sleep, cuddle up in, and escape the worries and realities of the world once in a while. So, buying your dog a comfortable, comfy calming bed shows how much you appreciate him and care for his well-being.
A calming bed will not only ensure maximum comfort for your dog but will also keep him happy and safer. You will also be smiling every time you see your canine friend sleeping or relaxing in it.
- What Is A Calming Dog Bed?
- Benefits of Calming Dog Beds
Calming Dog Bed Options
- 1. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Cuddler
- 2. AmazonBasics 20in Pet Bed
- 3. Snoozer Cozy Cave Pet Bed
- 4. PetFusion Ultimate Orthopedic Memory FoamDog Bed
- 5. Pet Craft Supply Co. Memory Foam Dog Bed
- 7. Sterling Premium Comfort Beds for Dogs
- 8. AmazonBasics Cuddler dog Bed
- 9. Pet Craft Supply Super Snoozer Calming Dog Bed
- 10. Precision Pet SnooZZy Dog Bed
- 11. Majestic Pet’s Bagel Dog Bed
- 12. Furhaven Orthopedic Round Cuddle Dog Bed
- Factors to consider when buying calming dog beds
What Is A Calming Dog Bed?
Calming dog beds are simply dog beds that are specially designed to give your dog extra warmth and comfort. They are super soft, giving your dog a more comfortable space for him to cuddle up and relax.
Most calming dog beds have the following features:
- They come in a “cuddle” style, so a dog can easily sink in them
- They tend to engulf and surround a dog in one way or another
- They feature super flush materials like Sherpa and faux fur
They are also known by other names, including donut dog beds, calming dog beds, nest bedding, burrower dog beds, cuddle dog beds, calming shag donut beds, donut dog beds, pet cuddle beds, and marshmallow dog beds among other names
Benefits of Calming Dog Beds
Here are the top reasons why you should consider buying bagel or comfy calming beds for your dog:
- Offer Extra Comfort: Most of these beds feature raised rims, which provide head and neck support for your dog. They also have super-soft fillings that provide a warm environment for your dog to snuggle in, especially during cold months. If your dog loves to curl up, these are the best beds to buy him.
- Ensure Proper Sleep Posture: The bolstered design of these beds not only ensures comfort but also correct posture, eliminating potential joint and back issues.
- Can Ease Anxiety: The raised rims in these beds have been proven to activate the nervous system of your dog in a way that allows him to calm down faster, relax easily, and sleep more soundly.
- Luxury Design: The luxury design and look of most bagel dog beds make them a great addition to any home décor.
- Easy To Clean: These beds are very easy to clean as most of them are machine-washable.
Best Calming Dog Bed Options
Featuring ultra-soft cushioned walls for head and neck support, this dog bed is sure to make your dog feel loved and appreciated. It comes with super-soft fillings to provide joint and muscle pain relief to your dog. For extra comfort, the bed has deep crevices to allow your dog to burrow and have a restful sleep. Additionally, it has a water-resistant bottom to prevent vomit, urine, or any other accidental mess from reaching your couch or floor.
If you are looking for a sublime space for your dog to relax and sleep in, this is the bed to opt for. It is cutely designed, making it a great addition to any room. It features a cool plush flannel surface for extra softness and raised edges to support your dog’s head and neck. For added strength, it comes with polyester canvas sides.
If you are looking for a dog bed that can help you take care of your dog’s anxiety, this is a great choice to consider. It comes with a Sherpa interior for maximum warmth and hood design to allow your furry friend to burrow deeply for privacy and security. It is also cutely designed hence can fit in any home décor. It is easy to maintain as it features a removable washable cover.
Whether you have a sick dog, a senior dog, or a dog suffering from anxiety, this is the best calming dog bed to buy. It features a solid 4” memory foam base to provide your dog an unmatched comfort. Its base and bolsters are generously filled to offer optimal support and security to your dog. For more convenience, it comes with a non-skid bottom and a separate removable cover.
With cool wraparound design plus ultra-soft plush, this is the best bed if you are looking for a comfortable space for your dog to sleep in. It has amazing deep walls to offer more warmth and support to your dog. Most importantly it comes with a memory cushion that keeps its shape for long and alleviates potential pressure points in your dog. It is machine-washable and made with non-toxic materials hence safe for your pooch.
This round comfortable bed is the perfect gift to keep your dog warm and cozy during cold months. With high-quality plush fur, the bed offers a combination of comfort and breathability. In particular, it comes with unique supportive fillings for head and neck support. It also features raised rims to calm your dog faster and ensure that he sleeps well. Additionally, it is made of non-toxic materials, so you don’t need to worry if your dog licks or tries to chew it.
If your dog loves luxurious things, this gel memory foam bed is the best gift to give him. The durable gel foam not only relieves your dog’s joint pain but also reduces heat retention. It has sidewalls for more support and features a center cushion with soft plush fabric for more comfort. Its beautiful basket design is inspired by current home décor trends, making it an ideal dog bed for any space.
Another great option to consider if you are looking for a cozy place for your dog to rest is this rectangular-shaped cuddler. It has a sturdy base and features a low front edge to allow your dog to get in and out with ease. Its side walls are also raised to offer more support and a sense of security to your dog.
If your dog likes chewing things, this is the best bagel or calming dog bed to get him. It is built with high quality, chew-proof polyester material that can withstand dog of any size and age. One thing that makes it stand out from the crowd is the extra padding for more comfort and support. It also comes with a channeled liner to keep it in place whenever your dogs around.
If you want to take your comfort to the next level, you won’t go wrong with this bagel bed for dogs. It features high side walls to support your dog’s neck and head as well as help him feel secure and comfortable when taking a nap. What’s more, it has a non-skid bottom and is available in multiple colors.
This all-comfortable dog bed is what you need to soothe your anxious dog. It’s filled with high loft polyester for optimum warmth and durability. Its great bolstered design allows your dog to rest his head, neck, and hands as well as flex his spine freely. What’s more, it comes with a strong, waterproof denier base to take care of any accidental spills.
If your dog loves to curl up beneath a blanket, this is one of the best bagel beds for dogs to get him. It features a malleable hood blanket that can be transformed into a cozy, cave-shaped burrowing tent. Its sleep surface is made of super-soft micro velvet fabric for maximum comfort and snuggle benefits. Most importantly, it comes with an egg-crate foam base to evenly distribute your dog’s weight and soothe pressure points, ensuring more restorative sleep.
Factors to Consider when Buying Calming Dog Beds
Like any other item, finding the best calming bed for your dog can be a bit daunting, especially if it is your first time to buy a dog bed. Here are the things you need to consider before making a choice:
- Size: A good bagel bed should fit your dog. Your dog’s head and limbs should all fit in the bed and not hang off the edge. So, before buying a calming bed for your Fido, consider his size. The best way to do this is to measure your dog when he is asleep. You should also consider your dog’s age—go for a bigger bed if he is still growing.
- Comfort: The best cuddle bed should be oval, round or donut styled. It should also feature a self-warming surface to keep your pooch warm during cold seasons.
- Stuffing: Go for beds with thicker and high-quality fillings that don’t squash flat when a dog sleeps on them. For more comfort, you can opt for beds with thick, flexible gels. They are more comfortable than foam beds and distribute your dog’s weight evenly, making it the perfect choice for geriatric dogs. Additionally, choose bed options with cedar chips for keeping them fresh for your dog.
- Optimal support features: While the bed should come with a soft fleece surface for extra comfort, it should have rims or bolstered structure for neck and head support.
- Washability: Since your dog is likely to vomit, scratch fleas, wipe his ointment-filled face, or urinate on the bed, it is critical to buy a bagel dog bed that is machine-washable or dryer safe. A dog with allergies will also benefit from having his bed washed frequently.
- Eco-friendliness: If you are environmentally-conscious, you may choose eco-friendly calming bed options.
How to Wash Bagel Beds for Dogs
- If the bagel dog bag has zippers, close them to prevent them from getting lost or damaged. Check if there are any torn areas and fix them to avoid clogging of drains.
- Using a vacuum, remove loose dirt, hair, and dander so that they don’t stick to the wet fabric in your washing machine. Consider double-checking corners as they tend to accumulate more dirt. You can also use a lint roller to catch any hair that you may have missed.
- Spot clean any stained part to make the washing process seamless. Remember to use mild stain removers that won’t react or irritate your dog.
- Wash the bed according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If it is machine-washable, simply put it in and wash it in hot water. If your bagel bed is big-sized, wash it by hand in a bathtub or take it to a local Laundromat.
- Wring the accumulated water and rinse the bed with warm water. Wring out as much water as your energy can allow to speedup the drying process.
- Dry the bed on a washing rack or throw it in a dryer if you have one. Ensure that it is completely dry and if some areas take longer to dry (like the thickest areas), consider using a hairdryer on low heat to speed the drying process.
- Finally, pull the stuffing gently with both hands and fluff it. Consider moving the stuffing in areas that have flattened a bit to ensure that your dog gets even comfort. You can also spay the bed with a suitable pet odor eliminator to ensure that it has a fresh scent.
If you want to give your canine friend a safe haven where he can relax and possibly calm down, consider buying him one of the above-highlighted bagel or calming beds for dogs. If your dog loves to chew things, go for chew-proof bed options.
Have you read our post on chew-proof dog blankets? Check it out: 15 Best Chew-Proof Dog Blankets for Heavy Chewers