As an Amazon Associate, we may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases but at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
When you have a garden or a lush lawn, you are bound to have unwanted visitors in the form of insects all year long.
These can do a lot of harm on your beautiful vegetation.
Insecticides are designed to eradicate pests and give your plants and flowers a chance to blossom undisturbed.
Simply spray the pesticide directly onto the target area, using a handheld or hose-end sprayer, or spread the pesticide around the areas where your pets spend time, such as in their outdoor kennels or on their outdoor play structures.
Captain Jack’s Deadbug is a popular insecticide that is used to kill a variety of pests, including bees, wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets.
Captain Jack’s Dadbug is spinosad-based which means it is derived from a naturally occurring bacterium.
This bacterium was collected from an abandoned distillery in the Caribbean in the early 1980s and that is where it got its name from.
The main use of Captain Jack’s Deadbug is to kill insects that are hanging around on your property, including those that might be living in or around your home.
These pests can cause a variety of problems, such as spreading disease and damaging furniture, plants, and other items.
You can apply Deadbug to areas where your pets may be spending time, such as in the backyard or on their outdoor furniture.
Is Captain Jack’s Deadbug Safe For Pets?
Captain Jack’s Deadbug Brew is a popular organic pesticide sold by Bonide Products.
The manufacturer markets it as natural. But is it truly natural, or does it contain synthetic ingredients?
Well, this pesticide is derived from naturally occurring bacteria called “spinosad”, which is a toxic substance that’s created by certain bacteria to kill other insects.
In short, spinosad is a substance that is derived by fermenting the juice of a soil bacterium known as Sacccharopolyspora Spinosa.
It is registered for use in insecticides by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
It is toxic to insects but harmless to pets.
While Deadbug Brew does contain some synthetic ingredients, it’s generally considered a natural pesticide because it uses a natural source of insect-killing bacteria.
This makes it less harmful to the environment and safer for use around pets and people.
So, if you’re looking for a natural, organic way to control unwanted insects on your property, then Captain Jack’s Deadbug Brew may be right for you!
As a point of caution, Captain Jack’s Deadbug is safe for pets as long as it is used as directed.
The active ingredient in the pesticide is bacteria-based spinosad that breaks down quickly in the environment, which makes it less harmful to animals.
However, you should always exercise caution when applying any type of pesticide and take steps to protect your pets, such as washing your hands after treating any area with Deadbug and keeping your pets away from treated areas until the product is fully dry.
Another important thing to keep in mind when using Captain Jack’s Deadbug is that it should not be ingested by pets.
This means you should make sure that you are applying the product carefully, and avoid getting any onto your clothing or skin.
If your pet comes into contact with the chemical, you should wash them with soap and water as soon as possible to prevent any adverse effects.
Whether you are using Captain Jack’s Deadbug as a pesticide or bait, it is important to follow all product directions carefully.
This will ensure optimal results while also minimizing any potential risks to you or your pets.
With proper use, Captain Jack’s Deadbug is a safe and effective way to control unwanted pests around your home.
I Accidentally Sprayed Some Captain Jack’s Dead Bug on My Dog: Will It Affect Him?
The most common side effect of Captain Jack’s Deadbug is mechanical eye irritation if it comes in contact with your dog’s eyes.
Eye irritation is typically mild and will resolve on its own by washing the affected area.
Other minor side effects may include skin irritation, rashes, or allergic reactions.
In severe cases, the pesticide may lead to sneezing, coughing, and other signs of nasal irritation.
If your pet suffers any of the side effects, talk to your vet about it. This is especially true if the pet already has an underlying nasal issue.
To minimize the risk of side effects, it is important to always use Captain Jack’s Deadbug as directed.
You should wear protective clothing, such as goggles and gloves, whenever you are applying the pesticide.
You may also want to limit your pet’s exposure to the area where you have applied Deadbug, especially right after treatment.
Most importantly, follow all product directions carefully in order to minimize the risk of mentioned side effects and ensure optimal results.
Sable McNeil is a canine chef, professional pet blogger, and proud owner of two male dogs. I have been an animal lover all my life, with dogs holding a special place in my heart. Initially, I created this blog to share recipes, tips, and any relevant information on healthy homemade dog treats. But because of my unrelenting passion to make a difference in the world of dogs, I have expanded the blog’s scope to include the best information and recommendations about everything dog lovers need to know about their canine friends’ health and wellbeing. My mission now is to find the most helpful content on anything related to dogs and share it with fellow hardworking hound lovers. While everything I share is in line with the latest evidence-based veterinarian health guidelines, nothing should be construed as veterinary advice. Please contact your vet in all matters regarding your Fido’s health.