As an Amazon Associate, we may receive a small commission from qualifying purchases but at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Dogs love sweet treats. You can choose to make your pet their favorite biscuit treat or pop into a store and purchase a treat for them.
While it is more convenient to shop for treats than preparing them yourself, you are better of spending a few minutes making the treat yourself. This is because you get more control of the ingredients, and get to add nutritious ingredients that meet your dog’s requirements while avoiding allergens.
The secret in making delicious biscuit treats is using the best dog biscuit treats maker. However, like any other pet-related item, there are many dog treat makers in the market, which makes it challenging to choose the best product.
In this review, we will highlight some of the top-rated dog biscuit treats makers to help you prepare the best treats for your furry friend.
How to Make Dog Treat Biscuits
It is essential to use a few ingredients when making your dog treat biscuits, especially if your dog has a sensitive stomach or has allergens. Additionally, using few ingredients will make the process quite easy.
Below are the steps to follow when making dog treat biscuits.
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl and mix properly
- Once the ingredients have blended thoroughly, you can roll out the dough using a rolling pin. Ensure the surface you roll your dough on is lightly floured to prevent your dough from sticking on it. The final dough should be about 1/2-inch thick.
- You can then cut the dough using a cutter. Most dog treat makers come with cutters for your desired shape. You can then transfer the cut-out pieces to the treat makers. If you are using an oven, you should cover the pieces with a baking sheet before placing them in the oven.
- Allow the pieces to bake until their edges are golden brown. The longer you leave your biscuits in the oven, the crispier they become. Crispy biscuits are ideal for the young puppies who are teething. If you have an older dog, you may consider removing the biscuits from the oven earlier since they prefer soft biscuits.
- Once you are done, cool your dog biscuits completely before serving them to your best canine friend. You can also store the extra biscuit treats in an airtight container to make them remain fresh for long.
5 Best Dog Treat Makers
Below are 5 of the highly-rated dog treat makers in the market. We’ve highlighted the key features of each to help you decide which one fits your needs.
Prepare healthy, tasty treats in few minutes with the Bake-A-Bone Original Dog Treat Maker that will make your dog want more. This treat maker comes with a booklet of recipes to help you prepare organic treats that are also gluten-free.
With this treat maker, you can prepare 4 treats at a go. Moreover, you will not need preservatives when preparing your treats, thereby making healthy all-natural treats for your dog.
- Prepares treats in minutes
- Includes organic recipe booklet
- No need for preservatives
This doggie biscuit treat maker carries everything you require from a biscuit treat maker in just one kit. The treat maker lets you prepare treats in up to 6 different shapes and sizes, thanks to its six biscuit cutters.
Once you have prepared your treats, there is a decorating set that allows you to make the treats look attractive. After that, you can keep the treats fresh by putting them in a storage tin that comes with this doggie biscuit treat maker kit.
Finally, the dog treat maker is easy to clean due to its non-stick cooking plates.
- Non-stick cooking surface making cleaning easier
- Includes a decorating set
- Comes with a storage tin
Make fresh and healthy treats using this unit. With this dog treat maker, you can bake up to 10 bone-shaped treats, which makes it your ideal treat maker if you have several dogs. It also features non-stick baking plates, which makes cleaning very simple.
If you love a perfect shaped treat, then this is the treat make unit to go for. It comes with a bone-shaped dough cutter that allows you to cut perfect bone-shaped treats. Besides, it has a locking latch to keep your treats fresh. The only issue with this dog treat maker is the fact that it makes small treats that may not be ideal for giant breed dogs.
- Bakes up to 10 treats
- Comes with a dough cutter
- Bake plates are non-stick
The Sunbeam Gourmet Dog Treat Maker can fit up to 4 delicious treats. While four treats may be little for some users, they just take some few minutes to be ready, which allows you to cook many biscuits after a few minutes.
The unit has non-stick plates that make cleaning a straightforward process. Besides, it comes with a cool-touch handle for comfortable handling and to protect your hands from burning. For first-timers, the treat maker has an indicator light that shows you when the unit is ready to bake.
- Non-stick plates for easy cleaning
- Prepare delicious treats in minutes
- Comes with a light indicator to show when ready to bake
This bake and freeze treat maker come in two different sizes: a smaller unit that can bake up to 15 small bone-shaped treats and another larger unit that can hold up to 8 large dog-shaped treats. What’s more, this silicone bake and freeze treat maker features a non-slip handle to provide for safe handling.
The dog treat maker is made using safe materials: it is BPA and PVC free and made from silicone approved by the FDA. The unit is microwave, freezer, oven, and dishwasher safe to ensure you can prepare healthy dog treats the best way you know how.
- Made using safe material approved by FDA
- Non-slip handles which make it easy to carry
- Microwave, freezer, dishwasher safe
Your pooch deserves better than eating treats whose ingredients you can’t keep track of. Some of the products that you buy from the dog treat store have low-quality ingredients that will do more harm than good to your dog. Accordingly, strive to always make delicious healthy treats for your dogs. As you can see, homemade dog biscuit treats shouldn’t be hard to make. The secret is to choose the right biscuit treats maker, and you will be good to go.
However, not even the best dog treat maker will be valuable to everyone. If you have a big dog, go for a treat maker that prepares bigger treats. If you prefer making many treats at once, then biscuit treat makers that prepare only four treats at a go may not be your preferred choice. So choose wisely and make your dog happy with delicious biscuit treats.